Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. Naturopathic Medicine is the art and science of disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention using natural therapies including botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation, acupuncture, and lifestyle counseling.
Naturopathic Doctors can also complement and enhance health care services provided by other health care professionals. They cooperate with other branches of medical science referring patients to other practitioners for diagnosis or treatment when appropriate. Naturopathic Doctors provide patients with a truly integrative form of health care.
- Chronic Conditions: Individuals with chronic conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, or migraines often consult a naturopath for alternative treatments.
- Digestive Issues: Individuals with digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcers, acid reflux, bloating or food allergies may seek help from a naturopath.
- Mental Health: Naturopathic approaches can aid in managing stress and treating conditions like anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- Preventive Care: Many see a Naturopathic Doctor to maintain overall health, prevent diseases, and promote wellness.
- Allergies: Naturopathic care can help address both environmental and food allergies.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Individuals with hormonal issues such as thyroid disorders, PMS, menopausal symptoms, or infertility often consult naturopaths.
- Autoimmune Diseases: People with autoimmune conditions like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or multiple sclerosis can benefit from naturopathic treatments.
- Skin Conditions: Naturopath Doctors can offer treatments for conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin issues.
- Weight Management: Those seeking guidance for weight management regarding nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle changes often turn to Naturopaths.
- Detoxification: Individuals interested in detoxifying for improved health may seek the assistance of a Naturopathic Doctor.
Our first visit is an hour long in length, where I will be asking you questions pertaining to your health concerns, performing any relevant physical exams (ex. taking your blood pressure), and looking over any testing your have completed in the past two years. We will comprise a treatment plan that will include: treatment goals, any lifestyle/nutrition measures, recommendations of natural health products, lab-tests, and possible injection therapy depending on your concerns.
For more information you can visit the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors